Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1949 times)

Offline firebladeRR1k

+Info

Hello
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »
Hi, I'm Chris.

I had a reef tank ~15 years ago and have just recently gotten back into it. Was looking on google and some forums for ways to automate it using arduino, rpi, or such and stumbled upon this project. One of the first things that drew me to the project was the fact it was being done on a budget. Too many times in hobbies like this (marine and/or automation) people love to flaunt what they dropped a ton of $ on. I am extremely excited with the potential this project has and the direction it is going.

I have an IT background but unfortunately not experienced in electronics. Just starting to tinker with it and am very interested in the possibilities.

Looking forward to seeing this project grow and as I pick up more experience, possibly where I can help out.

Offline cio74

• Administrator

+Info

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:06:14 AM »
Hello and welcome Chris, please have a look around and try to participate when you have the time. We currently think to support 2 hardware versions and none of them is expensive, both are modular and can expand quite easily.

Offline perkint

+Info

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:07:23 AM »
Welcome :)

Yes, budget is definitely important on this. And having a bit of fun!

Have a look around when you have time, and please comment! We are still trying to work out what is important to people, what the different requirements will be and things like that.

Fireblade? Nice :) Thinking of picking up an older one (something like a 2002) if ever I have some spare cash...

Tim

Offline firebladeRR1k

+Info

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:52:10 AM »
Had a 2005 cbr1000rr but had to sell it. Loved it though. I have a large family so had to use the money for something that came up. Eventually am looking at getting another to replace it. Almost had the wife convinced on the new black and white one but will have to wait another year or two more.

Offline promazine

• Administrator

+Info

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 11:00:02 AM »
Welcome :) chip in when/where you can, the more points of view we have, the better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing good happens fast in a reef tank......