Author Topic: Where are we?  (Read 32093 times)

Offline promazine

• Administrator

+Info

Re: Where are we?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 09:10:59 PM »
I'm in the same boat as smudge - literally no use with coding what so ever. I really hope this stays as a community project - it has so much potential! What was the outcome of the chap from reef Central helping out?
At the end of the day, there has been a lot of work put in to this for it not to be completed - how that is done is really up to Cio, as it is clear that he has put a lot of time and investment into this. Id like it to stay an open, community based project - but if there is no community left able to help do it - what other choice is there?
I'll still help out however I can writing the how to's etc. but until we have a working solution - that I can start from scratch with and build up to a full controller to document, am sitting here with nothing to do :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing good happens fast in a reef tank......

Offline cio74

• Administrator

+Info

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 12:50:43 AM »
I'll pay for software, I don't have the time to do it by myself and there is no one to get things started.

Should be done in 1 week or less.

Offline promazine

• Administrator

+Info

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 09:01:30 PM »
A week!? That's blummin quick!

Has the final board design been decided upon yet? I'm guessing there may still be some bugs to work through once the software is sorted?

Offline cio74

• Administrator

+Info

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
Abed did most of the software months ago, it's more like resurrect the code.

The latest version of the board is just fine but was never used in real world. I use it on my setup to only control lights, been on for months, no issues.

Offline promazine

• Administrator

+Info

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 02:09:54 AM »
Cool :) looking forward to seeing things progress!

Offline perkint

+Info

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 12:51:39 PM »
Hi guys,

Anyone still around? New member joined who is an experienced Linux coder and will be developing an RPi based tank controller, open source, whether part of this project or on his own. Since he is willing and able to help contribute, if there life left in this project?

Tim

Offline promazine

• Administrator

+Info

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2015, 08:03:10 PM »
I'm still here - check back every now and again to see if there have been any updates. Sadly I'm no good at any software etc. so I'm no help at all at this point in time.

Offline perkint

+Info

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 08:47:31 PM »
I seem to remember the guys who did the software development originally started an online source code repository didn't they? Will have to dig thru the posts and actually see what we have.

Glad you're still on board :)

Tim

Offline dakar

+Info

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 12:27:25 AM »
I was able to grab a copy of the code as of the last commit that was made to GITHub...

Looks like the last commit was March 7, 2014... so it's been sitting quite a while...

Setting up a clean rPi image now to take a look and see what has been done while waiting for my boards and toys to arrive.

Offline smudge

+Info

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 07:44:59 AM »
I still periodically pop back to see if anything happening, I've now got a very active 7 month old baby to go with my 7 year old and 4 year, so life has kind of got in the way for a while

Offline perkint

+Info

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 09:30:58 AM »
I was able to grab a copy of the code as of the last commit that was made to GITHub...

Looks like the last commit was March 7, 2014... so it's been sitting quite a while...

Setting up a clean rPi image now to take a look and see what has been done while waiting for my boards and toys to arrive.
Great :) Let us know what you think.

Yeah, there was a falling out which left to the only active coders leaving the project :(

Cio74 was talking about getting someone else to do the coding, but that would not have been open source, which is against the ideas the project was set up with!

Tim

Offline smudge

+Info

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 12:16:08 PM »
Happy New Year everyone.
Surely with the internet of things being a much more easily accessible feature, this project should be able to continue much easier than before. Are there any people still here?

Offline perkint

+Info

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 12:25:14 PM »
Still here, but we still seem to be in the same place. No active devs for the RPi :(

Tim

Offline smudge

+Info

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
Software side or hardware side?
It seems to be easier to connect things to the internet nowadays. I was looking at the adafruit.io site , that would probably do what we need for the controller. I'm going to have another look into it tonight

Offline perkint

+Info

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 03:10:15 PM »
Software side. Hardware is much easier! I can do the dev work (software), but with my free time issues, you will not notice much difference between now and me starting to learn coding for the RPi :(

Tim