Author Topic: Greetings from NOLA  (Read 2560 times)

Offline dakar

+Info

Greetings from NOLA
« on: December 03, 2015, 11:11:12 PM »
Thanks to Tim, I've finally made it to the board...

I notice this project is been pretty much abandoned, or perhaps laying there with a weak pulse awaiting for someone to walk by and kick it a little...

Either way, I've been biting at the bit to automate a ton of things for my reef tanks and put a couple pi's to work... I'd love to throw my hat in the ring to assist in getting some serious coding done for this project, unless there is no serious interest in getting it going again, in which case I'll will roll my own.  Either way I intend to have something going here in short order.  But will happily share.

A little background for anyone interested; I've got close to 25 years experience with Linux (it's been paying the mortgage for the last 20), shell scripting, perl, php, & sql mostly, even some tck.  Now I'm ready to tackle a bit of python.  Most other languages are not totally greek.

I've got a bunch of parts on order to begin as soon as they arrive (relay boards, PCA/PWM, temp probes, float switches, RTC, peristalic pump, bigger power supply to provide 5v and 12v.....etc etc etc) and plans for the next phase even more stuff in mind.

How about it guys/gals..  ready to spin this back up ???

/dave

Offline perkint

+Info

Re: Greetings from NOLA
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »
Hi Dave,

Well, a couple of other views, so hopefully others are still around. I'll see if I can find who is still around!

And welcome :)

Tim

Offline promazine

• Administrator

+Info

Re: Greetings from NOLA
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:05:34 PM »
Pulse is still there - just about ;)

Could do with a shot or two of adrenaline though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing good happens fast in a reef tank......